our new home
Greetings from Crested Butte, CO. I haven't been so great about blogging lately, but I wanted to keep ya'll in the loop, so here's the scoop.
Renan and I moved to Crested Butte at the end of may so that I could pursue an education in massage therapy, bodywork, and other modalities of holisitc healing. After countless hours of decision making I chose this beautiful mountain town and what I deem the best massage/bodywork school in the world.
Crested Butte is nesteled in the mountains of western colorado, sitting in the valley below Mt Crested Butte (also a thriving ski resort) is the town of only 1500 people, the community is unified and colorful. Everyone rides their bikes everywhere, and a law passed in the 70's preventing drive thru's in the town has kept fast food and other popular chain stores at bay. Every business is locally owned and operated and you can't go a day without running into your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and familiar dogs. Classified as a national historic site, CB bears strict laws on land ownership and housing growth opportunities, so this little town will stay that way for a while.
Sometimes we make the half hour drive along the river to Gunnison, home to western state college, in order to get things we can't find in crested butte, mainly cheap gas and good deals on groceries.
We are living in a great big house with a couple great roomies, Corina and Rita (although Rita just moved out). Both are yoga instructors and share the same values and living habits as us so it makes for a great environment. Corina is studying reiki (a holistic energy work form) right now, so we have been calling it the "house of healing and possibilities".
I have been extremely busy with school, two jobs, and trying to sandwich in some climbing, biking, and art into the mix. Renan has been mtn biking alot and working hard on creative projects, including a new website for his art. Life here is good as I hope it is wherever you may find yourself today.
7.05.2008
Happy Summer from Colorado-Land!
Posted by amee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment