So I was wondering around the farmers market on sunday and I saw a tent with a bunch of herbs under it. A woman was selling small herb starter plants for really cheap. This gardener, hailing from Gardener, CO, was just what I needed. Over the last month I have been thinking about starting a little herb garden at my house. Renan and I love using herbs when we cook, but the high price of organic herbs has been a bit frustrating, not to mention that the organic herbs are usually less fresh in the store than we would like to buy, sooooooo it seemed like a great idea. The time felt right to get tarted so I purchased my little genovese basil plant aka Ocimum basilicum, for a whopping $1.25. Today I transferred it into a nice big clay pot, and now I await the abundance of basil I have been daydreaming about.
In other news, things here are great. I like the afternoon thunderstorms that are so notorious in colorado. School is still fun and intense, and my 2 jobs are working me hard.
7.14.2008
Yummy Basil
Posted by amee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment