10.13.2007

I joined the working class!...well just for a little while

Surprise!!! I got this thing they call a JOB. Has anyone heard of this? Yes, it is true, this dirtbag is again apart of the work force. I am now employed by Vertical Systems International (www.vsimountainsafety.com), a Rope Access/Mountaineering/Safety Specialist company based out of Canmore, Alberta. I am sure you are all at a loss as to what this job actually entails, so here goes the best explanation I can give. A team of us VSI peeps get helicoptored into mountainous regions to set up seismic testing and exploration equipment in rugged terrain where climbing, mountaineering, and rigging safety systems skills are nececsary. We make the work environment safe and provide guiding and rescue services on the site at all times. So I get to climb, be outside, fly in a helicoptor to remote places in the mountains, and get paid. With this job I have the opportunity to gain more training and certifications in mountain rescue, first aid, and the rope access industry, inturn making me more more skilled and employable for other jobs in the future. I am excited for this opportunity and the chance to pump up my dwindling bank account by doing something new and interesting. The verdict is still out on how cool the job really is, but I am optimistic. Back to my travelin', hotel livin', rope handlin' lifestyle I know all so well from my Rope Partner days. More soon.........

No comments: