8.27.2007

Stormy Weather Ain't Got Us Down

CURRENT LOCATION: Canmore, Alberta, Canada
Stormy weather has returned to the Bugs, but hasn't in any way got us down, when the wrath rolled in we hightailed it to Canmore, Alberta to hang out with my good friend Susie and clip some bolts. We're all over the map up here in Ca-na-di-a. It's been really fun seeing a bit of this country. We carve through steep valley's on roads paralleling emerald green rivers, while the rocky mountains rise high on either side far into the distance. Our sidetrips always bring us to quaint active moutnain towns overflowing with welcoming smiles and an abundance of progressive folks. The culinary aspect is at it's finest with whole organic goodness and there's lots of fun little coffee and tea houses. Our tummies contain lots of healthy ingredients and our cheddar bunny supply is still stock full. "did you know the bunnies are made out of cheddar" says dana one afternoon, we laughed a good solid hour on that one. Every night in the tent we act extremely silly. Activites include singing and the "guess the jelly belly bean flavor without seeing the color" game. Sudoku is rampant, I got Dana hooked, but we lack a pencil so we're commited after the first number is scribed. We have been climbing when the weather allows. We climbed a route that both of us tagged onto our list of favorite rock climbs ever. It was called the McTech Arete, going at 5 pitches of QUALITY splitter crack climbing. We were ecstatic all the way up, belting out woohoooooos! with every sinker hand and fist jam! On other days, remnants from the last storm remained, snow and ice covered many of the climbs we were to get on, but we are optimistic about our next seesion up there, the forecast is calling for atleast a week of clear weather with temperatures rising higher than any other day! The little community we formed at base camp helped dana and I celebrate my turning of age, the ba ba ba birfday. We created a yummy dinner of mexican fried rice with veggies and capped the night with chocolate brownines and chocolate mocha mousse. I even recieved some rad gifts too, a pair of glittery rimmed sunglasses, my very own foam butt pad (which is a key item for sitting anywhere since the ground and rock are COLD), and some mentos. I think it was my first birthday where I played on the snow, climbed even more splitter cracks, and wore a represented a down jacket and pants. It's definately not summer round these parts. Many thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes via phone and email while I was out there, I feel extremely lucky to have this life and have all of you as a part of it. Life is really good! but I've blabbled long enough, so I'll end with my famous line...stay tuned.

No comments: