The weather this spring has been a mystery to people all across the states. An unusual rainy and cooler season has been the norm almost everywhere, but while a lot of rain can get people down, the consensus in Boulder is that this weather is GREAT! It isn't often that this area ever stays green well into June, so the community here is joyously taking in the lush landscape. I too felt like this change was welcomed with open arms, but as I traveled back east to spend time with family and friends in NH and VT, I quickly realized that not everyone is so excited about the rain.
In New England, the weather this time of year is always hot, humid, and explosively lush and green. Gardens thrive and bright flowers flourish. Naturally, I was excited to get back!
Unfortunately, the sun hadn't showed it's face in over two weeks and the rain was causing flooding. The consecutive gray days were making people depressed, construction workers and landscapers were out of the job, and outdoor enthusiasts were getting very antsy. During the ten days I spent there, I saw a half day of sunshine and a bazillion rain drops. When up in North Conway, friends joked that they now officially lived in the rain forest.
While this may have gotten some people down, I actually still saw this as a perfect opportunity to spend quality time with people I care a great deal about. While we may not have been able to be outside catching rays, lounge on the deck, or climb the awesome granite at cathedral, we still had a damn good time.
I'm back in B-Town now, loving on my doggie, trail running, taking dance classes, and riding my bike in the afternoon rain showers.
I wish you all a fun and adventure filled summer!
7.05.2009
Summer Time In Boulder
Posted by amee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment