9.11.2008

Girls Education International


I'm sure I've mentioned this cause before, but it is something I am continually trying to gain support for so here it is again. Girls Education was started by two friends of mine, Heidi Wirtz and Lizzy Scully. Together they are working closely with communities in mountainous regions of the world to expand and support educational opportunities for women and girls building and or renovating schools, hiring and housing of teachers, providing scholarships and long-term funding, and working closely with local NGOs. I plan on supporting Girls Ed by doing onsight chair massage at climbing events to raise awareness and monetary support for this cause! I'll charge a dollar a minute and the funds I generate will be dontaed to GEI! I'll keep you posted when that time comes and you can come out and relax for a cause! If you would like to read more about GEI or donate to this non-profit check out girlsed.org

No comments: