Once again I am making the journey out west with halfy (my car). Ayone who has ever taken on a multi thousand mile road trip, or even a day drive can understand what hour 13 does to you. I am clearly not in road shape as my eyes feel heavier than usual and my butt falls asleep hours before expected. Nonetheless, the road is an entertaining place. Big rigs blast past me shaking my world, but also provide a bit of drafting potential to save on gas. The scenery and accents change every gas station, and the toll booth attendents get grumpier later in the night. The road stays busy throughout the day while the darkness allows me to own the road (well almost alone, the big rigs are always on my tail) I find I drive really slow. at some points I look down to see a whopping 50 mph. Atleast I won't get a ticket right! Ginormous green signs direct the way while blue ones try to entice you to sample the multiple fast food options. In my belly you'd find, cherry coke, a chocolate donut hole, and a panera bread salad. I'd say that junk food is almost a requirement of long road adventures. I will try to cut down though. NYC, Buffalo, Toledo, Chicago...the list continues as I roll along. The heavy rain has stopped for a bit, hopefully it subsides long enough for me to get to Coloradoland. Stay tuned for more notes from interstate 80.
8.08.2007
Me, Halfy, and the Long Road West
Posted by amee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment