11.05.2009


My friend Pattie Lee Becker is a kick ass artist who also lives in Boulder. Working primarily with pen and colored pencil, Pattie Lee explores her child like imagination while keeping roots in reality. The combination of the two result in unique and vivid works, with great composition and color pallets. While she may produce a lot of work on paper, Patti Lee has also taken her ideas to the sculptural form, some of which include larger than life characters and fun bend-able creations. Let's just say I never feel like I want to leave her house/studio.
In addition to being one of the most inspiring artists I have met, Pattie Lee is also a great friend, I always look forward to the time I get to spend with her. She embodies that laid-back, motivated, open-minded personality that I always find to be good company.
If you happen to live near or around Boulder, you are in luck because she has two upcoming solo shows this winter at The Dairy Center for the Arts, and at the Boulder Meusem of Contemporary Art. To be transformed to another world, much like the one we marinated in during our childhood, check out Pattie Lee's website at pattieleebecker.com, (and while you're there click on the animations link).
Also if you are feeling like sending a little something to your favorite people out of town or need some new kitchen art, swing on by the BMOCA and pick up some of PLB's art cards. I love them!

No comments: